Browsing at the Sunday morning market in Issegeac. Plenty of local produce on sale. Plan to have lunch after - booking ahead recommended. The house guidebook details all the local markets
There are many local restaurants which cater for large groups including Chateau Les Merles, just a 5 minute walk across the road that has a torch lit outdoor courtyard for those long summer evenings.
The most famous town in the region and one of the most renowned and visited in France. It is also one of the most attractive. Destined to be besieged by tourists at almost all times of the year Sarlat is a beautiful, well restored town a few kilometres north of the River Dordogne. The old town, dating from both medieval and renaissance times is a pleasure to visit, especially during the spring and autumn, or early in the morning. If you can catch the early morning sunshine on the yellow sandstone buildings, so much the better.
- Cycling - our bicycles are for your use.
- Vineyards - try our favourite - Chateau les Merles just across the road.
- Boat trips on the river, Gabarres from Creyesse.
- Castles and Medieval villages.
- Villa Acacias is the perfect base to explore.